PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 26th Mar 2016, 22:41
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
La Ping

FAA controllers I have flown with here in Australia reckon our traffic information service at non tower airports is often more labor intensive than a class E separation service.

But you wouldn't know because for 25 years since the AMATS decision you and others have prevented a trial of class E at even one location anywhere in Australia .

That's why I will not give in to ignorance. I can assure you one day I will get a trial going and then we can see if Australian ATCs can be as professional and as capable as those in other leading aviation countries. Nothing has convinced me that we have to be second rate here.

I don't want more needless deaths like Benalla where the ATC following the inferior Australian training and regulatory requirements did not inform the pilot that the tracking alarm had gone off. Why? Because the pilot was heading to class G airspace and it wasn't the ATCs responsibility if the pilot made an error and killed everyone on board,

Class E at Benalla would have most likely meant all those people would be alive today yet you constantly try and keep a discredited system that clearly kills people.

How many more deaths before you will support a trial of just one airport with E to 700 agl being operated by the existing en route Controllor? I wonder.