PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2016, 20:23
Old Boeing Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Xollob

I originally thought this might be a high speed event due to the light airplane with loads of power.

However, I think Dave Reid pointed out that one of the last GS plots was 185KTS. As they started down, GS increased.

With very little info, we are all still guessing and speculating, but the Bournemouth incident made me think of another scenario.

If it was me, I would have gotten the automation back on after the GA and clean up due to the fatigue factor and I would want to monitor all that was happening.

It looks like they had a high ROC right after the GA. If the PF had turned on the automation, and idled the power, he may have be looking at other things well into a speed degradation (like Bournemouth) until the plane was actually stalling.

In the Bournemouth incident they had a 44 degree pitch angle. The same or more could have happened here, and maybe when the break occured, then they may have had the power all in and never touched it as they tried to recover.

IMHO, it would be difficult to get descending at 18,000 FPM in just a few seconds without the power helping.

Just another scenario to consider. We'll know when the FDR and the full CVR info is published.

Last edited by Old Boeing Driver; 26th Mar 2016 at 20:57.