PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots' fatigue investigation
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2016, 17:43
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emma, sorry I don't get your hint?
Just go ahead drinking coffee in costa!
I think previous posts will prove I am most certainly not a regular visitor to Costa within the Atrium. All I was saying is that there seems to be a uncanny similarity between the posts between Talparc and in freedom.

Whilst I am all in favour of change, how much lobbying to the press is required before we see our masters bow to pressure from press articles? For EK to make any favourable changes in the wake of the crash would be tantamount to an admission of guilt. It would also be an extremely embarrassing move for them to make, given the timing. Moreover our management would never wish to be seen to be placed with their backs against the wall by their own employees. The harsh reality is that the company will not take action unless they are forced to by a higher authority i.e. a regulator.

If you wish to lobby then perhaps targeting elsewhere within Russia, other than the media may perhaps be more successful? Whether or not fatigue was a contributing factor is up to the Air Accident Investigation Commission to decide but the Russians do have for the time being at least, significantly more leverage than many other foreign regulators. The credibility of the GCAA and the future viability of FlyDubai is largely within their hands. The Russians are also in the rather unique situation, whereby they have little to fear should they wish to bring the GCAA and/or FlyDubai into disrepute. Any political scandal that may ensue, would be nothing more than a 'storm in a tea cup' for the Russians.

In Russia it is very much a case of who you know and not what you know. Maybe looking towards a pilot union in Russia instead, maybe more lucrative than you may care to think? Just a thought.