PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet to close bases
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2003, 05:18
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW,

I was hoping that someone with an intimate knowledge of easyJet would post. I saw this thread just after it was started last night but let it run in the hope that the easyJet camp on this forum would issue a rebuttal. However, the subsequent posts seemed to relate mainly to easyJet’s fare structure and the fact that full service airlines could be cheaper.

I checked financial sites relating to easyJet plc but could find no mention of this ‘rumour’.

The thread starter has not returned to add to or discuss his/her original story which may be significant, or he/she may be away form a computer or is simply a sh*t stirrer with reasons known only to himself/herself.

PAXboy

I have lost quite a few quid over the past three years (mainly on paper at present but with no real hope of significant recoup), thanks largely to short sellers, although I do not buy airline shares.

I guess a rumour such as this could move easyJet’s shares if it gained ground.

As for BACx and BRS, would the closure, mooted or otherwise, of the BRS base move BA shares? After all, it is only a very small part of BA isn’t it?