PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For your consideration
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2016, 18:35
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said, no point in countering lies with more lies. But I can't see a single factual error with Xi's list.

donpizmeov has an eternal mantra of how it has always been the way it is. (It's his thinly-disguised bitterness about his feeling victimized by A330 rosters for so long, now manifesting as schadenfreude that the B777 rosters are ****e. We get it.)

Thing is, yes, certain things have gone on forever. But it's either disingenuous or ignorant to claim that it hasn't deteriorated sharply over recent years. Starting roughly with the GFC and exacerbated by the MEL accident. Raising productivity thresholds and reducing/removing credit for leave and training have most certainly occurred far more recently than 2003, to name only two of the more significant examples.

I state these things because if we're going to blather on about "showing our profession in a good light" we could at least be factually accurate. I really don't understand the desire to downplay the truth by those who claim to be affected by it.

Firstly we can say that here in the ME forums that the Dubai companies have had the "balls or sense" at least to accept what is posted on here. They have not tried to remove any discussion about anything derogatory towards the company as has happened in the sticky at the top of the ME forum. Allowing this "free" speech is constructive and allows pilots from the region to express their thoughts on all topics here which no doubt the company does read. It is a wise move as it gives them a free and unbiased viewpoint from the contributors, even if some of the rants are somewhat inappropriate.
What nonsense. EK doesn't "allow" PPRune. The forum is subject to UK laws, not UAE whims. What happened with the unmentionable airline was no doubt afoul of laws that the forum operators had to comply with. Judging by the whining by the DCP - B, trying to blame the pilot shortage on guys telling everyone how bad EK is, I'd hazard a guess that if EK had a legal avenue to shut down references on PPRune they'd do so in a heartbeat.

Something cannot be libellous if it's true.