PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways pilot recruitment Hong Kong 16 April
Old 25th Mar 2016, 10:17
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
baggagecart

TBH there are a couple of things you seem to be claiming that don't quite tie in with the reality of working at BA.

As ETOPS has already rightly pointed out 3 trips a month on Longhaul on any fleet is extremely rare, it's probably at least 4 trips most months (even for Blindline holders). In a full time month on the 777 probably the only way you might manage 3 trips is by picking up a SIN/SYD/SIN and two other trips, I'm not sure how you'd cap it at 3 in a full time month on fleets with shorter trips.

Be able to 'clear' unwanted flights off your roster by using your points occurred for important life events.
That really has confused me because a points system for trips is something I've never seen in BA, unless you're thinking of a Personal Bank Withdrawal - which is a request, not a right, and nowadays its getting more and more difficult to get approval to even do that. FWIW there's now a heck of a lot of grumbling in BA post EASA that it's almost impossible to guarantee time off for important life events.

(Edit to add: Nikon....)

Last edited by wiggy; 25th Mar 2016 at 12:45.