PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal QLD Aero Club in VA
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2016, 10:12
KyleTheAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAA are a really great flight school. Excellent staff & instructors. Planes well maintained. Its sad its come to this. I hope they can find some kind of private investor/lender to get them out of it.

The links with universities do seem to be a common theme in schools that have got into strife here
From my understanding, whats actually causing the problem is that the Government VET FEE HELP flight training payments are not payed up front, but in arrears. Leaving organisations with a cashflow problem. Even with a profitable pricing structure, if capital in the bank account runs dry, before the the next government payment, your going to end up in administration.

And the more students you take on, the more you have to cashflow out of pocket waiting for the next government payment.

Perhaps getting rid of the whole idea of government funded flying training to an elite few schools
I disagree with this. Its made it possible for anyone, no matter their personal financial circumstances, to follow their career dreams. Just like HECS makes it possible for anyone intelligent enough to become a doctor or lawyer. These professions should be achievable by all, not just the rich.

Secondly, from my understanding over the long term there is massive forecasts for growth in aviation, and therefore demand for pilots. we need to be training the next generation of airline captains for the future, not just a few rich kids that can afford flight school.