PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on FAA to EASA conversion !
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2016, 09:01
mothboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong,....

Does the EASA not require a formal ground school. Unless you have 500 hours on a CS25 aircraft and your converting your foreign licence and will be taking your skills test on the said CS25 aircraft?

So as you may be looking at staying in the states to finish your FAA contact someone like Bristol GS or one of the EASA schools in Florida and get onto the theory course as a distance learning or directly. You have to attend a certain time at the actual ground school before taking the exams as the air school has to approve your examination application at least with the UK CAA anyway.

Just for the record I have an FAA Licence. Finishing your FAA after your EASA would not be worthless. It also shows you finish what you start and you never know what opportunity comes up and you only wish you had finished your FAA. Expand your options....but i would get cracking on the EASA exams as a priority and work out the logistics of flying afterwards or whilst you do the exams.

PACO > if you require 250 hours for FAA and 200 for EASA as stated why would you do the FAA first and then the EASA? Am I missing something as the sole manipulator?

Last edited by mothboy; 25th Mar 2016 at 09:06. Reason: update