PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2016, 01:28
737er

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just to add to my heavy handed rant from my perch....I'm in no way implying these gents weren't good sticks and in fact my preach could very well be preaching to the choir with regards to these guys.

If their rumored rosters are correct then I think fatigue will also be a serious factor on this one especially considering how their day way going. Lots of stuff going on when you are holding for bad weather and getting close to bingo fuel. Like someone else posted, math you can normally do in your head all of a sudden requires a calculator and tests show it has as a serious effect as being drunk. Reflexes slow. Instrument scan slows markedly. Stuff you do almost reflexively when well rested requires pause and much extra thought. Fighting off tunnel vision becomes a personal war.

These guys might have been top notch dudes in every way. They might have done exactly what they were trained to do in this circumstance, even if that training wasn't optimum. I'm going to assume they were great pilots until something proves it to me otherwise and for me fatigue and training will most definitely be factored in that mix. I hope it is for the investigation as well.