PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on FAA to EASA conversion !
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2016, 00:03
mothboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is purely my opinion given that you state your objective is flying in Europe.

So stop and prioritize what is going to achieve your goal the quickest. Remember when it comes time to interview they may very well ask why you selected to do the training the way you did. You want to show that your focused and driven to achieve your objective. I would suggest you do it in a manner that shows your efficient, clinical and logical in decision making. An interview question like: Describe how you were able to prioritize your workload and make the best use of your available resources? Well now you have an answer for that.

I would stop flying and start doing the 14 EASA exams and get them out the way. Contact the relevant schools in the states that offer the EASA Licence and spend the time and money flying for the EASA CPL which will count towards your FAA Licence requirements of 250TT anyway.

You should focus on what the requirements are to gain your EASA CPL if you want to fly in Europe instead of just burning a hole in the sky. Once you have achieved your goal you can assess if it is still viable to pursue the FAA or the best way forward for you.

Hope it helps...