PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security of banking on phones.
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2016, 22:37
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Same for computers I guess ?

I use computer banking, my domestic one uses my cellphone to send a text code to insert on their site, but I presume that my details are there to see by every passing 5 yr.old who chooses to hack my computer. International ones use a variety of the funny clicking gadgets to provide a code number, or insertion of my debit card into their card reader thing. (just how do those things work, they aren't Internettedly connected to the bank in any way ? No, don't try to tell me, someone once did and I lost them after the first sentence. )

When I have to phone them I have to remember the name of my first dog, or first car, or my grandfathers' middle name. I was recently telephoned unexpectedly by a bank, so not knowing if this was a scam or not I asked for the caller to give me the name of his first dog. He was not amused, but turned out to be genuine anyway.

Mrs. ExS recently opened an account with KiwiBank, an upstart outfit in NZ, they frequently send her statements and the like by e-mail, detailing all her names, account no. balance and other personal data. Bank security ? She has asked them to stop, but they say " no problem, we know best "or words to that effect.

World's Gone Mad.