PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR and hematuria
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2016, 21:37
kungfu panda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fancypantss
Hey guys, I used the search function but I did not quite get the answer I was looking for. Years ago I discovered I suffer from micro hematuria, which is microscopic blood in the urine. I went to the doctor and I did all of the medical tests required to be diagnosed and I was told I had a slight deformation in the glomeruli which is a filter inside the kidney. I was told it was nothing major, that did not require any treatment nor medication, and that I could continue flying as if nothing would have happened.

Long story short, I've been invited for assessment in Doha in may, and I was wondering if I should say something then, o later. I'm allowed to fly with that condition in my country under our aviation authority's regulations, as I'm currently employed, but I've been told QR does not offer employment until they receive the resignation letter from your current employer. I would regret very much having resigned my job qnd then and then Not being being accepted to QR. Do you think I'll be allowed to fly?

Inputs will be very much appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Fancypantss
I think the best thing is to be totally honest with the QR medical department. bring all the historical documentation that you have regarding this condition. Their CAA will probably require annual checks from a Nephrologist to confirm the situation is stable with no loss of kidney function.