PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alamo car rental - UK
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2003, 02:54
604guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used Alamo/National in many countries including the US and never had a problem with costs, lines or service....until the last time I rented from them in Houston. I returned the car outside of business hours, followed the procedure exactly as given. Two weeks later I get a phone call at home thousands of kilometres away and in a different country and get asked "How much longer will you be keeping the car?" Explained that it had been returned blah blah blah. "Sorry sir but the car is nowhere to be found and you are responsible until it's logged in." Received my credit card bill a week and a half later and the replacement cost of 1 car had been added! To make a four month ordeal short I worked my way up through various levels of management being assured everytime that it will be sorted out. Finally got through to the president of the company, explained it all to him. He was speechless, put me on hold. Came back 15 minutes later and guaranteed that it was now dealt with. Indeed it was complete with the interest charges of course, a cheque sent to cover all phone calls and much apologizing. Three days later a couriered envelope arrived which included a HANDWRITTEN letter of apology from him again and slips for 6 free 4day rentals anywhere in North America. So what does all this say? A guy named Murphy says that if crap can happen it will. But here was a guy at the top that when finally made aware of a situation took imediate steps to remedy it and make amends. And that is really all you can ask. Oh where was the car? Turns out an employee had stolen it along with two other vehicles.