PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood pressure limits and airlines (Ryanair etc.)
Old 24th Mar 2016, 10:57
failed2beApilot_2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of people have problems with their blood pressures not necessarily high but also low. High blood pressure readings changes within seconds believe it or not and the white coat syndrome is very common. I've been told the home reading should be around >115/75 (because you need to add 5mmHg to both systolic and diastolic) and at the GP's surgery >130/80.Take the last 2 / 3 readings, average. Sometimes we are too anxious about things and can't help our minds wonder.Hence the crazy readings. I would go to your GP first and let them to the necessary tests, etc. As far as I understand, for the CAA, if BP can be controlled, i.e. by drugs, is okay, your AME should be know better. Just to let you know, a lot of pilots have high blood pressure currently working for all sorts of airlines. They (the airlines) have their own measures to support their staff with conditions like this. Putting jobs one side, i would first do something about it to give you a peace of mind and if it is a problem best to take the measures to control and protect.