PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 24th Mar 2016, 08:48
Copterline 103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@gulliBell
I'd be more interested in exploring what may have happened electrically that may have suckered the crew into thinking they had a mechanical problem.
I looks that your knowledge is limited. I have had a possibility to see behind the curtains (60.000 non-public documents). For me this is like a mathematical formula where the mathematical outcome is already known by me. Now I have to put the pieces together to verify what happen and to see what will come to happen.

Let’s keep your (gulliBell) lead also to be open but let’s keep also the focus on the airworthiness issues. The sentence what you wrote that “as a pilot I don't care about this” is like to a statement “It can’t happen to me”. Working in the aviation and working in the helicopter industry needs to have an attitude where everybody is focused to do the work carefully. The reality is that even you have made your duties well yesterday. It doesn't help, the sun is raising again in the morning and once again everyone have to do their duties 100 % focused to the safety, reliability and efficiency.

The helicopter industry’s 100 % safety will be achieved by global fleet grounding. The reality is that this world needs to have helicopters to be flying. By developing and improving the helicopters safety and reliability the helicopters could remain to be certified.

The helicopter operation should reach at least the level of accepted risk (vs. safety). In the helicopter industry we are dealing with the risk daily.

We have seen in the industry what happen to the fleet of EC225. Quite a number of accidents were taken place and too many innocent people have to lose their lives before the fleet was globally grounded. This global fleet grounding and re-certification process took more than a year. Now the EC225 are airworthy again and flying safely and with high reliability. This is the common industrial practices to ensure the crews and passengers safety.

“Out there” is still thousands S76 pilots and technicians who are working daily with the S76 series helicopters. They have very limited knowledge of the reality what stays behind the curtains. I understand that they have to right to know what a f… is going on out there….

My opinion of these two latest accidents: If the negligent are the flight crews or the Bristow’s technicians. Then we have had already seen a front page news with a colored picture to show how those who are responsible have already been hanged to the first suitable tree branch. This is the practice in the world where the money will be always number one and the safety number zero. This assertion seems to be behind the Bristow’s slogan “Target Zero” ?

Last edited by Copterline 103; 24th Mar 2016 at 08:50. Reason: Typo corrections