PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 24th Mar 2016, 06:06
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick, what went hand-in-glove with 'user pays' was airport privatisations. That was part of the mix.

You state that:

Fly one of these aircraft today and if you don't keep it at expensive airports the AsA charges are far less.
Maybe the AsA charges are 'far less' if you launch in to G out of a 'country airport,' but for those in metropolitan areas what's the choice? Regardless of AsA charges, I'd offer that the bigger imposition is getting 'stiffed' by 'airport owners' under the grand plan. In short, the average Joe being at the mercy of corporate greed. Whereas, once upon a time in the golden age of GA, costs were comparatively minimal when airports were federally funded for the 'common good.'

As corporate greed goes, I'll give you the closure of Hoxton Park, the removal of the E/W option at Bankstown, and the maneuverings at Jandakot to turn a profit on the land value.

In addition, and it still P155ES me off to this day; the demise of the Darwin Aero Club came about because they could no longer afford the charges once 'privatisation' became flavour of the month.

A vibrant, professional little club, that offered affordable flying and trained many. I well remember spending many a night after the working day just talking to some of the studs over a beer about ATC practices, procedures and standards. It was my way, and that of some of my colleagues, in contributing to their education.

Trashed under the 'master plan' of 'user pays.'