PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 23:07
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a SLF and non aviator I find all the previous posts quite alarming.

There seems to be a discussion about what to do in a given set of circumstances. I would expect everybody to agree as to what the correct course of action should be. The fact that there are many differing opinions i find quite disconcerting.
We are discussing details about a system which may or may not do certain things in certain situations. Above that we have a procedure so we don't normally have to think about this when we fly.
Above it all we have a Boeing 737 which is a fairly basic aircraft. Provided we are properly trained and rested we can fly it without any of the systems we are discussing here. It will go where we point it.

As a SLF, is you first thought how rested the pilots for your flight will be, or how much the ticket will cost?
You should worry a lot more about how pilots are being used and abused, particulary in areas of the world where unions are not allowed.
Start in the ME forum and read what the FZ and EK pilots have been saying now for a very long time, and why you should not be surprised this sad accident happened.
You don't find anything about the other big UAE carrier, they took PPRuNe to court and stopped their pilots from posting anything here.
Just that should tell you a thing or two.

Enjoy your flight.