PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 21:04
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is all this nonsense about people not being able to hand fly either with or without FD, or fly ILS. What utter crap.
Its endemic.Where have you been?
Pilots(old school) like Centaurus/411A(RIP) and myself have been saying this for years on this forum.It needs to be repeated again and again.And the problem is in the training dept,the board and the SOP clutter in the manuals.Ive flown all over in expat land and I have seen it all.Its terrifying.
Yes,fatigue is an issue but at the end of the day,you can refuse a flight if you're too tired.In most airlines anyway.I dont know zip about Flydubai.I have tended to avoid the ME like the plague.I never saw the appeal.
I dont know what happened in Rostov but I do know that we need to call a worldwide conference right now.It should be chaired by PILOTS and they should at the very minimum include reps of SOUTHWEST,QANTAS,and LUFTHANSA..Top of the agenda should be a refocus on airmanship and stick and rudder.Pilots must be on the board and they must be the right pilots,not yes men.Fatigue and rostering also to be addressed.

The travelling public deserve no less.Our profession likewise.