PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comments on fatique
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 14:43
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting articles, but not really something new to aviation in general. Even in Europe there are more then enough "black Sheep" around that push their pilots to the limit. Some European Authorities are "easier" on violations then others(hell not, I will not call names now). Pilots accept that, report it, go on, change the company if not improving at all. Sometimes, if the airline pushed to far, the authority steps in, might even close the place down.

What really amuses me is that everyone who decides to go down to the ME is well aware that the Aviation Authority is never independent.
Human rights do not exist. Work laws do not exist, if they exist they are subject to change as the person in charge desires.

I think we all agree that pilots choosing(and considering) going down there (should) know that.
Yes, they change your roster, I had once 23 changes in one month with QR, each working day one. Of course you are exhausted. But hoping that they will change their system as long as they can hire tons of pilots, why would they? Young pilots nowadays pay to fly 500 hours on an airliner just to get that job. And of course this people are then #1 candidates to go down there as well.

I am afraid you will not change the ME, or at least it will take some other 40 years to change their mind.

What happens now in EK and FlyDubai happened before in other airlines down there as well. It is a sideeffect of uncontrolled growth and high turnaround of pilots.

European and other authorities(or VC ^^) have not really anything in hand to go against the GCAA. If they discover serious misconduct within the airline they might put EK or FlyDubai on the Blacklist preventing them to operate into the EU. But we know that this is never going to happen.

The point is - most went there for the money, did not like their current employer anymore or simple because they needed a job.
If it is that bad down there then leave them, at the moment enough other airlines look for Airbus/Boeing Widebody pilots. The problem is - they might not be better then what you have down there. Workwise. Let's not talk about money.

But honestly, hoping that someone "makes" them to become nice again, I don't think that will work out.