PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 13:25
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
despegue:

I have never worked for, nor am I prepared to work for any "Airline" that forbids its flightcrew to fly manually or raw-data.

Any such company should have its AOC revoked immediately untill raw data manual flying is encouraged.

And I can not believe that any Capt. Of a modern airline is unable to fly an all engine raw-data ILS.

Don't all airlines practice complete assymetrical thrust raw-data ILS anymore in the sim? It is a pass/fail item where I came from!
I saw the beginning the "disease" in the 1980s. Prior to my transition to the early 767 everything was as you say on the 707, DC-9-10, 880, and 727. But, along comes the 767 and with it came a new embracing by the company of the automatics. IMHO, this was the way Boeing sold and promoted this then-new automatic "wonder." And, the airlines bought the philosophies the OEM sold. After my stint on the 767 I went to the L-1011. In my view the 1011 had better automatics than the 767 but my airline's training command wasn't hard over on the 1011 automatics like it was with the 767.