PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking information on Captain C. N. Pelly - my grandfather
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 11:59
lizzy3ah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alan Finch

Originally Posted by mandyW
Apologies if this is not the correct place to post but I am researching the life of my grandfather - Captain C. Nigel Pelly.

He was born in 1908 and worked for Hillman/Imperial Airways/BOAC/British Airways flying Lockheed Electras,Canadair, Mosquitos, Argonauts and Britannias up until he retired around 1964.

His pilot training was done with 502 Ulster Squadron Special Reserve at Aldergrove.

He was also based in Egypt as part of 216 Squadron during WWII and was involved in the Berlin Airlift.

He flew Neville Chamberlain to meet Hitler in 1938 for the Peace in our Time talks.

I'd be very interested if anyone has any more information about him or even flew with him.

Many thanks

Mandy
Hi Mandy, my Grandfather Alan Finch was on the 1938 flight as a radio officer. I have an original copy of a letter dated Oct 1938 from 10 Downing Street thanking all involved for the successful flight.
It's packed away but, if you are stilling interested I can dig it out. The names of the crew are listed.