PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 00:45
Cat Funt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFS is demanding 500hrs P1 on the Vigilant at present. Having recently been in touch with three of the binned sqns, I can count on one hand the number of people thinking of applying to cross train and still have a finger or two left over. Nobody has figured out if the Convex can be done locally or if volunteers would have to take a month or two off work.

The VGS guys have been told that they will need to be commissioned if they want to fly the Tutor. No NCO pilots allowed. Personnel affected by this nonsense have been asked to submit their re-role requests (Tutor/Viking/Ground Instructor/Admin/ATC sqn) by 31Mar. CGIs will become extinct, as will VGS FSCs.

I too would love to know where the AEFs will get the pilots to fly the additional Tutors, given that many can't fill the seats they've already got and whatever pilots they pick up from the Vigilant squadrons they will likely lose an equivalent number through the loss of holding officers once MFTS training starts and EFT gets taught on the 120TP. As I see it, the only way would be to bring in civilian pilots from the outside, thus losing the rationale of the "military ethos".