PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2016, 20:34
PVCAKES3728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

I will be 50 years old in a few weeks, and I want to go for my Aerospace (Commercial Pilot) degree at Middle Tennessee State University. I want to be a commercial pilot. If I'm too old for commercial pilot, I will be happy to be a corporate pilot.

I was mislead YEARS ago. I was told by someone that I trust with my LIFE...my father...when I was about 12...that you must go into the military to be a pilot. I said, "Ok cool! I can do that!" He said, "You don't want to do that." I asked, "Why?" He said, "Because you'll go in a woman, but you'll come out a man." I was done! As a kid, that's all I needed to hear, and I didn't pursue it...until recently.

In his defense, he's "old school". Most of that generation of men did not and do not believe in women in the military. I forgive him. I just wish I had gone into the Navy anyway. I totally trusted what he said, and did not do my own research...until now. I accept total responsibility for this. My fault.

Now that you have read this novel, is it too late for me? I really do want it...more than anything. If I had my way, I want to fly for either UPS or FedEx for the rest of my career.