PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 22nd Mar 2016, 20:24
Copterline 103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Sanus
You are very cynical of the investigators but I cannot believe the NTSB and Nigerian AAIB would ever falsely manipulate evidence
My experience since last ten years with 60.000 non-public accident related documents has opened my eyes. My opinion is that the NAIB is the most accountable of these related parties.

Sanus don't be naive, please!

The FDR, FDAU and cockpit camera's (CIR) data has been lost! Think about this. Maybe the hot and high conditions has destroyed this data of HDG, PITCH, PEDALS, CONTROL STICK?

The probability of this event with all three different systems fails is 1:10000000000 => absolutely possible, almost likely!

The good news are: HUMS system is picking up all the missing information and the HUMS system is using its own sensors and pick-ups. The FMS/GPS will preserves short history data (integrated circuits) of airspeed, ground speed, heading, altitude..... This capability is needed for the dead recording function! There is still a possibility that the truth and nothing but the truth...

Last edited by Copterline 103; 22nd Mar 2016 at 20:39. Reason: Typo corrections