PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another "loan"..
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2016, 12:50
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could this be a run by the Asian lion to get what they have wanted since before the AN collapse? Traffic rights on the Pacific ex Australia? It smells of the early stages of a long term engineering regime.

It was quite obvious (to me at least - and I could be totally wrong but don't think so) that SQ had with 2 board members shifted the fate of AN by placing NZ, with 2 members on their board in a position to take control of the cash stripped and foundering AN empire, knowing they were totally inadequate in being able to rescue the airline.

Then, the Lion would ride in on a white charger, rescue Ansett and be the good guy securing the future of the Airline but also giving them total access to the trans Pacific rights Ansett held. Great in theory but beautifully protected from any loss of face with NZ as the interface if something went wrong. It did - 9/11 - 48 hours before the axe fell and Ansett was grounded.

No white knight arrived, beautiful shielded by their blind using NZ with the board members delightfully invisible. No face lost there. Now - the next move.

The rights still being the holy grail for SQ, an immediate threat arrived with the attempt by Ansett crew and staff to restart the airline with a bid from the employee group. Bid came up from the employee group and various others.

Funny thing that - the Fox - Lew bid was tentatively accepted after drawn out negotiations and the funds from the pilots/staff group and others had expended their viable funds.

Strange that the bid was then withdrawn. One of the 2 involved was at a local club 12 months later and I asked the question on how big was the payout from SQ? I am 127 kilos and was shuffled out of the way by minders of a certain person who had assumed a non healthy purple colour.

So - bottom line. SQ still want Pacific rights ex Australia. Virgin are operating trans Pacific ex Australia. The Ansett collapse failed due to 9/11. Wounds licked, now let's wait.

Any SQ members on the Virgin Australia board?

Danger Will Robinson, Danger.

Best all

EWL