PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 22nd Mar 2016, 10:18
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As regards NAS, and in respect of Launy, Alice, Darwin, and other places, you attempted to fix a 'problem' where one did not exist, at no saving. Alice was a classic example of controllers doing their job in non-radar Class C. Would you like to quote an incident where those controllers were hampered in doing their job because it was Class C, where E would have been a 'safety improvement and a cost saving?' Just one! Just one, Dick?

And, oh, the 'Radar Direction' letter to the idiot minister. Wasn't that a beauty in respect of manipulation. As your beloved Yanks say, 'Anderson couldn't find his ass with both hands' when it came to gullibility in matters aviation.

I was there when that letter was written and gagged at what I considered to be lying, and gave my opinion that it was total BS.

You see, Dick, there was a good case to say that, in this day and age, Class C should have radar. I'd have agreed with that argument.

Instead, the argument was twisted to say that you can't have Class C without radar - because the baseline is the States, where C has radar. Consequently, the argument was put to the idiot that you can't have C without radar. That was duplicitous in the extreme.