PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 22nd Mar 2016, 08:13
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howabout. You describe the Australian NAS as a " cobbled - together piece of rubbish".

I put a tremendous amount of time together with experts from Qantas in putting this proposal together. I travelled around the world asking advice from airspace regulators in the UK , France , Canada , New Zealand and the USA.
Would you be prepared to talk to me about this?
On the first point, I was intimately involved and had to tow the party line, being in uniform at that time. I had to sit there and watch incidents that were caused by nothing other than blind compliance to ideology. Why the hell was C converted to E that almost led to disaster at Launy when the Airservices guys were providing a totally competent, safe separation service with C for no extra cost? A degradation of service that put peoples' lives at risk. Ideology!

There was another incident close to Darwin, where two Metros almost created an aluminium shower because C was converted to E with zero justification. That one was never reported because it complied with E rules, and the company had them both go VFR in E to 'save costs.' A head-on narrowly avoided because a bunch of switched-on controllers in Darwin (the dreaded RAAF) picked up on what was going on. That one still haunts me.

As regards the second point - a total waste of time.

You are always on TX, never on RX.