PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part NCC Stuff
Thread: Part NCC Stuff
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2016, 04:45
mattman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All regulation and laws are developed with the best intentions. NCC is a adoption of ICAO ANNEX 6 and all EASA has done is adopt it. The FAA has flat out ignored it and smaller countries will implement it.
What really upsets me is the capilization of all safety related regulation in industry today.
For example the Health and Safety industry is a billion plus money pit that does nothing more than apply common sense. i.e. Signage to hold a hand rails using stairs.

This is what exactly happened here, a good intention has spurned a huge industry, and companies and individuals are now looking to capitalize on the regulation. An example, is the now retired CAA experts that can go and consult.

I personally agree with NCC and what it can offer but authorities should be mandating a formula that we can all use to help us implement and pass on to the owners, because that is what they want. Cowboy outfits are usually instances of bosses ruling the operation.

Management companies have basically seen this as a blank check. This does not mean that there operations are safer and better than most of the one man bands. What they offer is a broad scope compliance, but these things are as only as good as the people following the regulation. All paper can be fudged what happens in real life is completely different. If they wanted to regulate we would have an inspector on every flight in the jump seat, or on the floor.
What I have learned, especially from Europe, is that they take regulation and dump it in the industry and wait for the waves to stop. They have no idea of the ramifications and damage they do.
What will NCC do? Basically it will be another paper, dust gathering exercise that will cost money to operations and shrink the industry further.
The die hards, as myself will do all we can to comply and do it cost effectively but there will come a time where it will dawn in the owners that owning and flying privately is not cost effective and operationally effective and give it all up as a bad idea.

Being part of an organization like EBAA is nothing more than a marketing tool for mangament and AOC operators and the standard line from these people, who you pay a huge membership fee to, is to use a management company.
We don't have a combined voice is because we are a motley crew of, in house owner operators that want to be left alone and do our thing. We don't want to be part of a bigger voice, as we like the small and quiet existence we lead, inconspicuous!

As I am part of a handling company as well, I have the advantage of seeing the different types of operations come though, and let me tell you, the private guys are always more professional and more courteous and there equipment and operation, better than the AOC and mangaged (multi crew) operations.
They seem to take more pride and care of there passengers and equipment than guys that are just there as pilots in a seat.
That's my observation and opinion so don't get all heated if you don't agree.
We can moan about what's happening and we an even push back but it will just make your life miserable.