PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 23:59
MrKhargify

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It definitely was a long wait, and I will admit I was getting quite worried. I got through flight screening with a high recommendation and I'm now a first year at ADFA. I do think it's a bit different for ADFA, but I don't think the time it takes to get on course adversely affects your application. As long as you get on course, you have equal opportunity. For example, out of the 24 people from 3 courses I met, I'm at ADFA with 8 of them.

Also, I would like to pass on some advice, even if it's been said before.
  1. Study hard, and study effectively. The big points here are to ensure you remember the numbers and practice the actions. This will improve your flying significantly and will let you focus on actually maneuvering the aircraft, instead of what attitude you're supposed to be at.
  2. If you stuff up one flight, don't worry. In my last flight (assessment) I flew the worst I've ever flown. They commented on it in the OSB, but as long as you recognise it and can answer why you ****** it, you're all good. Not everyone can be perfect all the time.
  3. Always have a positive attitude and look like you're always trying to improve. Ask questions if you're unsure.
  4. Talk to people at BFTS and ask questions. I learnt so much from talking to one of the current super hornet pilots who's instructing there.
  5. Don't point in the cockpit
  6. Enjoy it. It's a fantastic 2 weeks.

If you've got any questions, let me know.

Last edited by MrKhargify; 22nd Mar 2016 at 03:01.