PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice sought about pilot training
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 23:04
liam548

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by krislondon
Hello all,

I've been a firefighter here in london for nearly 10 years and am considering a career change

I have a few questions that i'd really appreciate soe awnsers too:

a) It seems like the best way to train is through a sponsorship program. Iv'e looked and BA, Virgin, Easy jet, Wizz air are not accepting applications at the moment. Will they be running these cadet schemes again any time soon? Am i too old at the age of 33?

b) If you went down the route of training with a school such as CTC, is it really true that 98% of their students get employment?

c) What can you expect to earn straight out of training?

I am also in full time employment like you (Police) and started the change of career path in 2009 (I am also 33). I am now applying for jobs having gone down the modular route as
A) I could not afford the up front costs of the integrated route and
B) I did not want to leave my career without something else on offer.

I have by no means rushed my modular training (I was wanting to finish when the job market was better, which I think I have achieved), so do not be put off by my timescale. The modular route can be done much quicker, especially with your extra night shift study time..

At the end of the day it is up to you but unless you can afford and can take a long career break to go down the integrated path then I would be considering the benefits of the modular path in your position.

Just my opinion of course..

All the best,

Liam