PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 22:50
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chronos

I'm not boss bashing. I'm telling the facts as they are having flown that specific aircraft, having flown with some of the departed, having flown for the airline, having been subject to its "just culture" for many years, having had my family live in Dubai and having seen good men and women come and go.

Not only am I giving my opinion what I am saying is accompanied by rock solid irrefutable proof.

Now I am not saying the sole cause was two men but the devil is in the detail. Accountable Manager or post holder de facto has responsibilites.

The last 5 mins of the flight are indeed very important for many reasons but whatever those reasons be they act of god, mishandling, catastrophic failure they were made possible by the launch of the aircraft from base in weather in which they not only predicted not to be able to land ut was predicted for the entire duration of their fuel to be highly unlikely to allow them to do so.

I've been dispatched from Dubai in similar enough circumstance that their for the grace of god go I. FZ mgt make Enron look clean.

If you think that the whole company ethos and modus operandi has no bearing on why the plane was even airborne and not on the ground either at the ALTN or in DXB then I fear you misunderstand the swiss cheese model.

Why have any form of regulation if we never ever invoke it! This is why the resignation rate is where it is.

One of our pilots in his exit interview was asked why he was leaving. He told them I've been in the airline here for 3 years. You have not been remotely interested in anything I have to offer, anything I can bring to help or used any of my skills other than flying a plane. Now that I am leaving you want to know why! This is why!

This goes so deep it is so deeply engrained that it is rotten to the core. People have a right to know.