PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 18:24
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm corrective actions. Get a broom. Start a sweep go to the top floor of FZHQ sweep left, sweep right.

There is no shortage of experienced, well balanced people in FDB who could/should be doing the job. There is however a huge amount of inertia in the race to the bottom perpetuated by two men in particular who have proven track records of not giving a monkeys about anything other than themselves and with no regard for their legacy and the very real effect on very real peoples lives.

So no sorry I do not agree that we should not being saying "I told you so" and I do not agree that operations has any bearing here as the regulatory environment does not exist in Dubai.

There is one law for the rich and NO law for management. They signed on the dotted line and they take the money. You cannot contract out of responsibility and when its due its due.

People are dead and though the exact cause is yet to come out it is as always only the last chain in the swiss cheese model. The facts that we have and those who operate at FZ know without doubt is that undue commercial pressure exists, morale is poor, the culture is vindictive, accusatory and manifestly unjust. That in sum had no little part in the chain of events leading to this sad chapter in the history of the airline.

You are asking for a moratorium on fact. Sorry now is the time for ALL the facts not just the convenient ones.

You ask how to change someones personality, well the answer is simple, Carrot or Stick.

The reason we have a justice system and a prison service is because sometimes we cannot change personality. You cannot tame every tiger and lion. However that is why we invented weapons and cages. When we get past the physicality then that is why we have law and process. Hiding behind the veil of incorporation is right up there with, " I was only following orders" It wasn't a defence at Nuremberg and isn't one now.

So sorry, no we will not go quietly into the night and let them brush away the facts and replace them with believable truths. People are dead. You can't unring a bell and it is called culpability. They rolled the dice and had a choice. If you want to believe that JV and KG had nothing to do with it and that their culture of fear, oppression and bullying was irrelevant then you say that in your post.

In mine I say. I told you so.

Last edited by Vortex Thing; 13th Apr 2016 at 15:08. Reason: typo