PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part NCC Stuff
Thread: Part NCC Stuff
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 15:39
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but I'm at a loss how NCC's could work together
We took some money in our hands, employed a guy to write the manual and are involve ourselfs - that means to attend meetings and cross read the manual as it evolves and give our input towards EASA and the author. Our experience is that the national CAAs and EASA are quite thankful to get some feedback and involvement. They often simply donīt know how and what we do. Lufthansa is always there, BigAirlines and the likes - we are not. Our fault.

We NCCs have allowed wicked people like the EBAA to speak for us way too long and part of the problems in terms of overregulation is clearly our fault as we have not involved ourselfes. NetJets and others surely are represented (thru EBAA, have a look at their member list). Ask yourself why there is the plan to make 48 hrs of sim training mandatory within 3 years.
Hint: the guy who sits in several committees for GAMA is also working for Flight Safety....

Lets face it: thats how things are done in our new brave world.

I can say, the German AOPA guy, Michael Erb and the guy from IDRF, Thomas Mayer, are a massive help and both are "pushers" towards less regulation and regs that make sense. NOW is a critical time - involve yourself.

And let me add one thing: most of "us" have no idea what comes at them and seem to think we need "approval" - we donīt. You do give a statement to the CAA, thats it. Of course you need to be able to back that statement up with a structure.