PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 15:08
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont post on this site much since new management but I'll try again as this accident may well prove to be critical in highlighting yet again what is seriously wrong in our industry.We are all speculating with whats available.That's a given.Certainly speculation is no reason to actually ban a post.Its a rumors network supposedly for pro pilots,for Chrissakes.Investigators start with speculation...
I recognize some old names here like Centaurus and what they're saying is what we've all been saying for a long time now;there's an endemic problem in how a pilot is being trained today.Simply put,they're not being trained to "fly the plane" but rather manage the flight via the AFDS.Pilot vs flight manager.This is why we're getting the AF447,the Asiana,the THY at Schiphol,the pull not push when faced with something as basic as a stall etc...
Then you have the apologists who throw in things like fatigue and somatogravic illusion as a blanket to explain away and camouflage the real issue;pilots cant fly the plane anymore.Automation complacency and reliance have been eroding piloting skills for decades.Aided and abetted by focus on SOP as opposed to airmanship(the wrong people becoming trainers),and compounded by new management styles(beancounter focus on bottom line and not much else..tell these idiots there is nothing more costly in aviation than a crash).
I hope for the sake of the 62 souls that perished that it was an unsurmountable environmental encounter that would have defeated any line "pilot" with moderate stick and rudder skills and a scan.Because if it was more evidence of destitute flying skills(chasing a FD as someone suggested,not being able to fly a simple GA without AFDS,overtrimming your HS-a great big flt ctl surface that demands respect,likewise rudder-or not diverting when even the hardy locals are doing so which relates to judgment/airmanship)).then we need to sit down and rethink things.
The right people need to become trainers again,pilots need to be back on the decision-making board level,defocus SOP and rote push-button mentality,and start training pilots again not flt managers.