PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Surprising court ruling about airfield noise
Old 20th Mar 2016, 16:06
Capt Kremmen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wsmempson

Denham, when I worked there, was very responsibly run by the owners. Part of my job was to deal with the professional mischief makers that seem to infest many airfield locations in Britain.

Every effort was made by the Denham airfield management to control and lessen the impact of noise generated by aircraft. Denham was established in the early part of the last century. There was next to no residential housing around the environs of the airfield until the 1950s.

I think that small. civilian airfields are seen as fair game by those always looking to cause mischief. Apart from rows about runway extensions and terminal construction, we don't get to hear too much about noise from the professional protestors concerning a major terminal like Gatwick, Heathrow or others. These are, I guess, not an easy target.

Denham was well organised and paid much attention to the prevention and dissipation of aircraft noise. Who would imagine anything else ? Civil aviation is acutely conscious and always extremely sensitive to any suggestion of insensitivity towards the adjacent residences.

Let us all hope that the airfield management appeal this judgment.