PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2016, 16:00
roscoe1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
139 on fire

Max C.,
Once again, thanks for your input. When you are most familiar with the Type II (Huey) utility world, 90 knots is screaming right along. That's also why I asked about the single pilot config. How do you think the helicopter would stand up to use as a fire ship that is not using a water tank (bucket only with a possible 530 gallon bucket and less than 2 hrs of fuel). (I know as you pointed out that GW would be an issue). Carrying helitack crews (more gear than oil rig workers, chain saws etc.) and day in day out use as a bucket carrying water truck, landing off airport more often than not. I know a couple of major cities use them with tanks but they don't use snorkles and normally only use them by ground filling from trucks or hydrandts on hard paved surfaces (streets). I know of the ground clearance issues so no need to dwell on that. If there is anyone else besides Mr. Contingency who has any thought on this, your input is appreciated. Not just pilots, any engineers have opinions? Thanks in advance.