PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you are still considering EK.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2016, 14:53
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, it depends very much on where you're coming in from (both nation and airline), your personal circumstances (married/Kids/financial status/health and age) and what your expectations and desires are. It's going to be a big improvement for some, and a disappointment for others. For most, I imagine it's a mixed bag of some improvements and some problems. Whether one outweighs the other is very individual.

It's certainly no easy option for the family as well as the individual. There is a lot on offer in DXB, but don't think you'll be wining and dining in glam restaurants or clubbing and sailing every week; you won't be able to afford it and will be very tired. Mothers deal with a lot here raising kids and contending with awful school runs.

The best thing is to visit the place and drive to and from the compounds, the schools and supermarkets and look at what life would be like, not holiday activities, and speak to any contacts you know and trust. But don't think it's a glam lifestyle or that you'll be earning mountains of cash, as it soon disappears on daily expenses, especially for the first year, which will put you well behind.

For me, on balance, it is an improvement for now, though there are issues I think need addressing. What I'll be thinking in a year or two is to be seen.