PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2016, 14:39
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere
Wait until the JQ pilots start exercising their rights under the MOU while QF guys who have been SOs for nearly 10 years get pushed further from promotion. 12-18 months from now those numbers will probably get you an FO slot on a 330 in Sydney or Melbourne under the LH EA which is much more pleasant than the JQ one.
I'm not an expert in the MOU, but those JQ guys senior enough to access the MOU for positions in mainline are now the very top of the JQ seniority list.

While it is certainly true these guys have the ability to come across from the dark side, it would mean giving up commands to do so. Some even 787 commands I expect, without knowing the exact demographic of those involved, just their relative seniority.

This will probably be an attractive option for some. Certainly those mainline MOU guys recently returning from A320 commands in JQ and finding themselves as A380 S/Os with the prospect of promotion in the short term are happy to be back. That said, it may not result in a flood of defectors. Some may be happy with their lot in JQ and stay.

I must admit I'm a little amused by the irony of the shoe now being on the other foot. Those more junior JQ crew who had a little sook when they witnessed A320 commands going to mainline MOU guys instead of them are about to benefit, albeit indirectly, from those very senior JQ guys leaving under the MOU for mainline. Combine that with the QF MOU guys returning and it should mean more commands for them within JQ.