PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Blindness and Indian Medicals
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2016, 09:08
prajit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Even I had given my class II medical test and found out that I was colour deficient. I have never had any problems in my life with the colours and it was shock to hear it.
It's been 7 years and still I'm not able to give up my dream of being a pilot. Recently I cam across the information that isihara test is not the only one. You can try assessing yourself by the lantern test and the recent one Colour Assessment and Diagnosis (CAD) test.
I had spoken to one of the Doctor in Mumbai, who is the only one in India has the CAD test available. He suggested me to do a complete check of colour blindness test's which would cost around 7K and you can come to know if you are still fit to fly. Below is the link for the same and also some articles for good read.
Colour Blindness Test | Sanjeevan
New Color Blindness Tests Sets Minimal Requirements for Professional Flight Crew | Colblindor
CVD Pilots - Color Exams
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...17218890,d.c2E

Colour Vision Defective Pilots Association (CVDPA)

Hope this helps. I'm planning to give soon. Even if I get cleared, I do not that, in India, you can't fly as DGCA is still an old school. But in Australia and US you can.