PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low cost in Europe vs Qatar (both sides of the coin)
Old 20th Mar 2016, 08:58
TypeIV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very well done on getting through the bureaucracy of acquiring your Easa licenses!

I have friends who have gone from west to the ME, the ones in Qatar are all very happy after the recent improvements in terms and conditions. Good money, nice flights and the rosters are very good on the long haul, the annual leave is nice. I don't know about the 320 though. The ones in EK complain about the rosters but are still somewhat happy, they wouldn't want to return to Europe. The ones in flydubai complain a lot about the rosters but they make really good money.

Europe is nice but the tax burden, crazy bean-counting, costs of living, social security getting crappier by the day, crap rosters, financial insecurity, crazy housing prices (try buying an apartment in a city) will make it hard to put any money away.

I think that the key thing is, how would your wife like Doha or Dubai? I would recommend that you bring your wife there and have her take a look beforehand.

And don't make the mistake many brazilians do, thinking that Istanbul is a good compromise since it's geographically inbetween, because it's the worst option!