PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-Nude AAIB
Thread: G-Nude AAIB
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2003, 17:46
Grainger
PPRuNe Enigma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick enough with the four letter words when we don't know the full facts aren't we ??

Does any of you honestly believe that anyone - let alone an experienced veteran of other long-distance trips - would set out for a four hour trip over water knowing that they had only enough fuel for three hours ???

I have flown one of the helicopters used in the previous round-the-world trips and can assure you that the supplementary fuel tank takes up all of the space where the two rear seats used to be. Quite enough to last for seven and a half hours.

I have not seen G-NUDE personally but I'm amazed that you are all so quick to slag somebody off without even considering the possibility that this machine was also fitted out with additional fuel capacity.

Read the report again carefully. It does NOT say that G-NUDE was unmodified. It does NOT say that G-NUDE only had 3 hours' endurance. The pilots DID state that the amount of fuel was sufficient for the crossing.

Next time you want to call someone a f**kwit or a TW*T you might want to get your facts straight first