PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2016, 18:49
Flyer1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer1015 - so you think an airline that doesn't nightstop needs looked at because they don't night stop? Where do they find people like you??? It no two bob outfit from the Middle East, it's a serious player, has had a great record until now. Let's keep things in perspective and not forget that there is no correlation between LCCs and legacy airlines (in the non Southeast Asian world) when it comes to safety. If you do have any information to the contrary please point us to it.

As we have learned from MH17, MH370 and many others 'officials' often make statements that they are not qualified to make. They good posts that they are not qualified for and believe that because they have a title that they know what they're talking about and are empowered to make comments on subjects that they know nothing about.

I had a filling yesterday. In some cultures that would qualify me to be a minister for health.
Yes, that's exactly what I said. And please sir, flyDubai is a brand new airline in the overall scheme of things. You know how these Middle Eastern airlines all are. Extremely reactionary and firing any pilot 'mistake.' Emirates Melbourne crew forced to resign after a weight and balance bungle-up and resulting tail strike takeoff. Qatar crew mistakes MIA runway intersection T1 as an intersection instead of a notam for something else. They're also fired.

flyDubai does out and backs predominantly. How do they really handle pilot issues? What if this pilot decided to hold for only hour and then divert? Does management support him? Or do they call him in for a meeting and say "hey, you still had 2 hours more fuel, you should have held more." It's crazy to think they had a 4 hour flight to Ros Dov, and then another similar 4 hr flight back to Dubai, and after one approach they held for nearly 2 hours. Holding that long for a place like Heathrow is one thing. But freakin Ros dov? One has to start questioning the ADM of the crew and you can't really do that until you look at and evaluate their safety culture.

I'm probably sounding from a high horse as an American, but these ME carriers have a very bad safety culture in terms of management relations with pilots, and especially their reaction to when a pilot/crew makes a mistake. They go into a "fire-them-all!" mode. That's not a safety culture. That is just dangerous.