PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denham - Court decision
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2016, 11:46
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsc810

I'll bet they knew perfectly well that the heli's were going to make a racket and hoped that the locals could be persuaded to shut up on the basis they we have "always been there" and they could not stop them.
The other game in this sort of thing is to start small and when you get no complaints them gradually rack up the amount of disturbance. Eventually someone will complain but then they will have undermined their case by initially accepting the small amount of disturbance in the first place without complaining.
So you need to nail this sort of thing at the very first instance as they have done.
I'm having difficulty understanding how your comments apply to what has happened here.

Helicopter schools are not a new development at Denham.
By the time these owners bought their house, there had been at least one helicopter school there for about 40 years. When Mike Smith owned HeliAir it was one of the busiest, probably the busiest, helicopter schools in the country.

The price of houses adjacent to airfields/airports is always lower, for obvious reasons. The complaining owners would have benefited from that when they bought their house.

I hope the airfield owners appeal.