PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FZ 981 crashes in Rostov on Don Russia
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2016, 08:26
Kamelchaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northflyer I think you're naive to think professional pilots won't want to discuss what may have gone wrong..it's in our nature.

This forum isn't just for leaving sincere notes of condolence (and no disrespect meant to those that do, or indeed to the victims themselves)

This incident has serious ramifications for all...it's a manoeuvre that we all practise in the sim every training session. But...the sim doesn't reproduce the effects of severe vertigo..the only time you'll experience that is when you do one of these in real life.

Raising awareness of the dangers of this manoeuvre is exactly what I'm pushing here. If that saves another aircraft before the official report comes out in a year's time then I'm happy to put forward my thoughts based on 35 years of military/civilian experience..especially having experienced this myself on a number of occasions.

There's a big difference between highlighting what may have gone wrong versus starting to lay blame for things that we can't be sure about.