PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 19th Mar 2016, 05:41
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, Sunny. Getting involved in invective isn't my preference either.

But I do get a bit on the protective side when generalizations tarnish the many good people for whom I worked.

That said, you wrote a rather good dissertation on the traits that make a 'psychopath' some time back and I read it with interest. I worked for one that delighted in using rank and humiliating the 'lesser' a few years before I bailed.

This bloke had no inter-personal skills, just rank to back him up. He was a bully, but I seriously doubt the type is confined to the military.

Dick: I think you've got your wires crossed. While NAS, overall, was a cobbled-together piece of rubbish, with no justification - including no cost/benefit and no risk analysis - I was open minded on CTAF and told CASA so.

In respect of your constant charges about 'RAAF Group Captains,' and I never reached that heady rank, I was dealing with pure civilians that had never done military time.

As the mil representative, in an open forum in Canberra, I declared that we were minor players, but would live with what ever decision was made by CASA!

The wrong decision was made, IMHO, but it was a CASA decision, not a RAAF decision.

Your military bashing is becoming tiresome. We were far more open to logical argument than you ever gave us credit for.

Glad I'm retired and out of this repetitive BS that just pushes a personal barrow.