PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denham - Court decision
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2016, 02:46
megan

Received 407 Likes on 212 Posts
Posted by Pace on another thread
I am amazed at some of these court rulings and feel so sorry for this couple who paid £1.5 million when they bought it I presume with helicopter noise at at a knock down price
Without helicopter noise it's worth £4 million so a tidy little profit in 5 years ?

Get rid of the helicopters you bought it with at a knock down price,then walk out with £600 k compensation plus sell the property at a huge profit once you get rid of the noise

If someone buys a house in a peaceful setting and someone builds a runway at the end of their garden yes they should get compensation!

But those who knowingly buy at a knock down price because the runway and active airport sits at the end of their garden ? In my opinion you knew what you were buying! Maybe they bought when there were no Helicopters but looking at what they paid and what they value it at over five years then it all looks very suspicious
The guy is an entrepreneur, and that means using all means to line your pockets whenever and wherever you see an opening.

Be interesting to know when the house was built. The field has had helos in residence for a long time.

History of Denham Aerodrome