PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comply with CASA Frequency and die!
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2016, 02:24
CaptainMidnight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Capt M/N, do have those meeting dates at your fingertips?
No, I didn't keep much however Dick Gower was the RAPAC Convenor for the Victorian RAPAC throughout the period and I suspect he would have kept copies of all the minutes. There was quite some corro. between the other regional convenors on the subject and the NASIG activities at the time.

At the time there was also a national group of reps who provided advice and recommendations to Airservices AIS people re the content and depictions of many things with AIP charts and documents, who also played a part. One of the reps was Victoria based (Gippsland??). I can't recall the name of the group or it's then acronym, but Dick Gower may do.

The links I provided in my post are just two that come up for this forum. A bit more searching you will turn up more info I'm sure.

The placement of the biscuits needed to be in the vicinity of the transmitter, but I don't think that is the case everywhere now?
Following recommendation from RAPAC at the time (I think when the FIA boundaries were reinstated), the biscuit content changed from initially stating the area it was supposed to serve (which was found to be a bit vague) to the actual location or mountaintop.

Edit: RADAR Man: I'm left with the impression from another thread that you are or were with CASA at some point. FWIW sometime after 2007 when responsibility for airspace regulation transferred from Airservices to CASA and the latter formed their Office of Airspace Regulation, I believe Airservices handed over copies of all their past RAPAC minutes around the country to the OAR, either on CD or as hard copies. Up until then Airservices provided RAPAC Secretariat services nationally including organising the venues etc., then OAR took this responsibility over as well.

In short, if you chase up OAR they may still have copies of the minutes on CD or hard copies on file

Last edited by CaptainMidnight; 19th Mar 2016 at 02:39.