PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAR invitation for an informal meeting
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2016, 01:57
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply put, when has there "ever" been a meeting with pilots when it has benefitted the pilot community? I was there at the last meeting over 10 years ago (Meridien) which was never repeated. The pilots were always courteous and yet when honest questions were asked, the issues were always avoided. There has never been another meeting since (until now), to save face I would guess?

Meetings by management are for their benefit so that they feel they are addressing the problem right at source and can say they have been "managing". The problem then is that it takes a day of someone's free time to attend to be told what is mostly a meeting of one sided information flow. They might listen but rarely ever act on any suggestions from the pilot community. In all the meetings I have ever been to, concerns are raised and the issue never tackled or addressed from on high.

If this meeting was genuinely for the benefit of the pilot community, it would have been broadcast to let everyone know, not just a "select" few. I have my suspicions about the reasons or outcomes of such a meeting.

J