PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2016, 21:54
EZYPZY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AvGeek1
I personally think that easyJet could have done a lot better at Manchester a couple of years ago but growth was very slow and Ryanair now have a substantial base with many routes. Now Ryanair have a bigger presence at MAN than easyJet.

Although last year saw them start flight to places like Porto and Vienna which seem to be doing really well. Also this year easyJet have announced several routes including important ones like Paris CDG and Milan. But I still think there is still more room for easyJet to grow. I was thinking routes to Rome (Fiumicino), Naples, Barcelona, Lanzarote & Faro. Anyone else think the same and what other routes are easyJet missing from their base in Manchester?
I think any new routes EZY start from MAN will largely compliment their operation at LPL and focus on markets that they currently do not serve from the north west. I think in time we could see destinations like; Agadir, Almeria, Ibiza, Kos, Las Palmas and Toulouse served from MAN and possibly smaller more niche routes like La Rochelle for example.