PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further CASA CTAF problems shows not working!
Old 18th Mar 2016, 21:07
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Howabout:

you've let a puzzling bias cloud your judgement on this one. I cannot reconcile the rationality with the irrationality of having a seeming hate on for the military.
Howabout, I apologise if I haven't made myself clear. I don't have a "hate on for the military" at all> I said so in my opening post. I couldn't if I wanted to. I served, my daughter in law is RAAF, I worked with many fine RAAF people in aviation and deface businesses.

What I said was that there is a small proportion of people who enter the services who fall prey to a mindset that can exist only in a military culture and who wreak havoc in the services and in civvy street when they leave if they are allowed to get into positions of authority.

This is documented. Get a copy of "On The PsychologyOf Military Incompetence" by Dixon.

The only you can rightly construe as "RAAF bashing" is my personal observation is that I'e seenTwo of these characters close up who were ex RAAF. I've never seen an Army or Navy one.

I hope you won't think me flippant by saying it might be comforting as a RAAF pilot to have a tyrant as OIC squadron maintenance, but that attitude doesn't do much good for us civilian aviators.